In October DIT implemented a new feature called SOPHOS Web Control, improving security for staff and students when browsing the internet on CSU computers.
If you attempt to access a website that SOPHOS Web Control deems potentially dangerous or inappropriate – you are prompted with a warning where you can choose to proceed at your own discretion.
Websites that are deemed too dangerous or inappropriate are blocked outright.
Website categories considered dangerous or inappropriate
- Adult/Sexually Explicit (Warned)
- Alcohol and Tobacco (Warned)
- Anonymizer Proxies (tools to block internet activity) (Blocked)
- Criminal Activity (Blocked)
- Gambling (Warned)
- Hacking (Blocked)
- Illegal Drugs (Warned)
- Intolerance and Hate (Warned)
- Phishing and Fraud (Blocked)
- Spam URLs (Blocked)
- Spyware (Blocked)
- Tasteless and Offensive (Warned)
- Violence (Warned)
- Weapons (Warned)
For more information about SOPHOS Web Control and IT security at CSU visit the Information Security web page.