On 10 December, we’re replacing our old website search engine (Google Search Appliance) with a new product called Funnelback.
Funnelback is used across many other universities in Australia and internationally, including the University of Oxford.
Improvements you may notice include:
- an interface that is specifically designed for universities
- search results can be filtered by different categories, such as courses, people, events and social media
- suggested search terms as you type
- a history of your recent search terms
- the option to add course results to a shortlist.
We’re also using our existing search data to tune our new search engine so it provides users with the most relevant results.
Looking for CSU staff contact details? The best way to find a staff member will still be from the Staff hub (https://staff.csu.edu.au/). Simply enter their name and search. The results page will look different but will still provide you with the ability to filter and search by department, location, position etc.
For questions or further information about the new search engine, please contact Anthony Chapman, Web Projects Manager, Web Office (email@example.com).