The Web Improvement Program is an annual program of major web development and redevelopment works, supporting the objectives of the University Strategy. In 2018 we have delivered many significant improvements to the CSU web presence:
- Online course brochure redevelopment and future students landing pages
- Staff Hub phase 2 – incorporating new features, design, and functionality
- About hub – CSU’s corporate and community web presence
- Research hub – a consolidated entry point to CSU research information
- Division of HR – a re-built web presence for CSU staff
- CSU homepage – internal release in December, with plans for public release in early 2019
- Website search– implementing a new website search service, Funnelback, with powerful new search features and a new-look interface
Other major projects underway include redevelopment of the CSU News website, faculty and school website redevelopment and a CMS upgrade.
The 2019 Web Improvement Program has been approved by the University’s Web Strategy Committee and will be announced early in the new year.
In addition to these major projects, the Web Office has completed many smaller website projects, contributed significantly to other CSU technology initiatives, provided support and training to more than 100 web editors and delivered specialist web services in resolving approximately 1,900 service desk requests.
Some other notable achievements this year include:
- Introduction of a centralised CSU WordPress blog publishing environment
- Achieving an average accessibility compliance score of 94% across key CSU websites
- Implementation of component-style web authoring functionality which increases the consistency of our websites, improves the ease of editing sites and provides site editors with greater flexibility in page layout and design
For further information regarding the Web Improvement Program or the Web Office, please contact Cade Whitbourn, Web Operations Manager, Division of Information Technology, or visit the Web Office website.