The 2020 round of new Technology Initiatives (TI) opens on Monday 10 June. The Technology Governance Committee provides up to $3.4 million each year to fund IT-related projects that support the University Strategy, with an aim to innovate, improve processes or ensure regulatory compliance. Most of the the ideas for new initiatives come from university staff.
Previous Technology Initiatives include:
- Extended IT Support – technology support for students has been extended outside standard hours and is now available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Special Considerations Workflow – the process associated with the submission and management of special consideration requests has been automated and streamlined, resulting in a significant reduction in the time taken for requests to be processed.
- Redevelopment of the Subject Outline system – this has delivered an enhanced functionally-rich platform.
Active or scheduled Technology Initiatives include:
- Automation of Review and Change of Grade
- Overhaul of the Future Student Hub website
- Redesign of the Student Portal web environment
View the current TI schedule to find out about more active and scheduled initiatives.
TI submissions process
|Call for new initiative expressions of interest||10 June|
|Closing date for expressions of interest||19 July|
|TGC meeting – expressions of interest reviewed |
and feedback provided to proposers
|First draft of initiatives completed by proposer||16 August|
|Secure initial stakeholder endorsement and |
support from impacted areas and senior staff
|First resource estimation workshop||26 August|
|Second resource estimation workshop||6 September|
|Finalise stakeholder endorsement, resource profile, |
funding estimate and cost benefit analysis
|Closing date for detailed initiative submissions||20 September|
|Release documentation to TGC members for review||27 September|
|TGC new initiatives meeting||18 October|
The submission process is supported by an Enterprise Architect from the Division of Information Technology. If you are interested in submitting an expression of interest or would just like some additional information please contact John Smith, Senior Manager, IT Project Portfolio.