The EASTIR – Electronic Assignment Submission, Tracking, Integrity and Return – investigation aims to investigate and implement a replacement for Charles Sturt’s electronic assignment submission system, EASTS.
We need to:
- replace our EASTS architecture to remove dependencies on legacy and unsupported technologies
- deliver new academic integrity requirements
- provide an enhanced look and feel for both students and staff.
- A streamlined process for staff to manage assignment submission, marking, academic integrity, assignment feedback and return.
- A seamless web-based interface for students to submit their assignments and receive feedback on their work.
- Integrate with the university’s paperless offline marking system.
- Integrate with Grade Centre in Interact2 for student marks, Subject Outline tool for due dates, and ASSIST for flexible assignment dates.
- Automatically report on potential academic integrity issues to support Charles Sturt’s Academic Integrity Policy and comply with the Higher Education Standards Framework.
- Provide students with anonymous access to plagiarism detection services for educative purposes, as per the Academic Integrity Policy.
- Provide management reporting to support oversight of the assignment, integrity and return process, and monitor Key Performance Indicators.
We have undertaken an initial market scan of suitable products. The project team is consulting with our reference group to determine the requirements for a new system. We will then evaluate a list of products and provide a recommendation for the university’s future direction.